The Importance of Promotional Products
November 22, 2017
What are promotional products?
Promotional products are merchandise that companies brand with their logo (and contact information) to promote their business. They’re given away to customers or potential customers as an easy and affordable way to help advertise their business, and can also be used as an alternative to a business card. Promo products allow your company to reach a large audience at a low cost to you, and are an extremely important part of brand’s marketing process. Because these products can be reused, your message will be reused as well, without adding cost to you.
Some of the most commonly used promotional products are: pens, water bottles, lanyards, hats, and calendars. Chances are that at some point in your life you have been given some of these items at an event, at your school, or when you’re visiting a business. Giving away products with your name branded on them is not a new concept; the first known promotional products – commemorative buttons – trace back to 1789 when George Washington was elected president.
So, do they really work?
To illustrate just how important promotional products are, we’ve compiled a list of astounding facts and statistics about the power of promo products:
- 76.1% of participants could recall the name of the advertiser on the promotional product that they received in the past 12 months.
- In comparison only 53.5% of participants could recall the name of an advertiser they had seen in a magazine or newspaper in the previous week.
- 55% of participants generally kept their promotional products for more than a year.
- 75.4% of those who received a promotional product stated that they thought the item was useful.
- The use of Promotional Products as an incentive to respond generated four times as many responses as a sales letter alone.
- Promotional product recipients spent 27% more than coupon recipients and 139% more than welcome letter recipients over an 8-month period.
- Promotional product recipients were also 49% more likely than coupon recipients and 75% more likely than letter recipients to return and patronize the business in each of the eight months studied.
- Before receiving a promotional product, 55% of people had done business with the advertiser. After receiving a promotional product, 85% of people did business with the advertiser.
- 91% of percent of consumers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen, 74% have at least one in their workspace, 55% have at least one in their bedroom.
Promotional products work because they are affordable for any budget, they create huge brand recognition for a long amount of time, and are a useful and reusable marketing material. Your customers and future customers will love getting your promo products, because let’s face it, who doesn’t love free stuff? Visit our catalog to browse through hundreds of options!
Have a question? Feel free to contact us.